5 BASIC TIPS TO VISIT MACHUPICCHU
Machupicchu is one of the most visited tourist places around the world. It is considered a human heritage due to its astonishing beauty and considerable importance through History. It is also one of the seven modern wonders in the world and every year, over 3,300 Peruvian and foreigners visit this extraordinary Inca site.
Visiting these breathtaking Incas ruins is without a shadow of a doubt one of the best experiences someone could ever imagine. However, if you want to take the most of your visit, you need to take into account some tips to enjoy your stay and adventure moment to the fullest.
- Get your train ticket to Machupicchu in advance. You can book it personally or via a travel agency which will include a commission for the service. Also, the access to this citadel is limited per day.
- Rest in Cusco and acclimatize to the heights. Walk slowly around the city and if after some hours you do not feel well, you can take a pill for ‘soroche’ (high sickness) or mate de coca infusion.
- In your bag carry just the necessary things such water and some fruit or snacks. There is a lot walking so it is better if you do not take heavy things with you.
- Find a helpful and approachable tour guide so that he/she can explain and help you when visiting Machupicchu. It is also a good idea to ask for references since other tourists have also had some experience in this.
- Last but not least, always carry a camera with you to take long-lasting photos and keep them in your memory and heart as well. Also, try to carry extra batteries or an extra portable charger. They will be a great help for you.